There are two airports on Long Island , Stella Maris and Deadmans Cay .For more info see Airports below.
- From Nassau there are daily flights into Long Island. The flight takes about 45 minutes . Bahamas Air , as well as several other locally owned scheduled charter airline operators, like Southern Air Charter offer this service. Other companies and travel options do exist, so please contact your travel agency to help find all your options.
- We also suggest/recommend flying direct from Miami to Georgetown, Exuma (Bahamas) , then private charter to Long Island (about a 15min flight over the scenic Bahama Banks). It is convenient, reasonably priced and…well…chartering your own plane is certainly a “cool way” to fly!
- Private (air) charters are also available.Nassau International Airport (LPIA) is a frequently serviced airport that has the benefit of direct flights from many locations in North America, Europe, & the Caribbean. Some of these destinations include, London, New York, Toronto, Philadephia, Atlanta, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Orlando, Kingston, Provo and Grand Cayman. Check with your travel agent or online service for services from the airport nearest you.Private Charters are also available (from Nassau to Long Island).
- There are a number of companies with a range of plane sizes available. Although perhaps the most convenient method, this is generally found to be more expensive (than by way of airline or scheduled charter).
From Georgetown we can help you to organize a private charter (to pick you up and or drop you off), or you can get seats on one of the scheduled charters offering this service. This very scenic flight over the Bahama Banks takes only about 15mins, and pricing will be dependant on the number of people and the size of the plane required. On average the costs will be about $45-$75 per person each way.
- From Miami , you can take a direct (1.5 hour) flight (with American Airlines) that takes you into Georgetown, Exuma, (Bahamas ) which is located about 35miles due west of Slipstream. Check with your travel agent or online service for current pricing and details. Airport codes are MIA ( Miami , FL) and GGT ( Georgetown , Exuma , Bahamas )
- The cost of a charter flight is one set price, (whether that plane is full or not) so you really need to maximize your available seating to attain your best cost-effectiveness. The cost per seat can vary greatly depending on passenger numbers and the size of plane.